The Credit U service allows you to send credit to a friend or family member from your phone to theirs. This is a very convenient way to give them credit if alternatives like online top up are unavailable.
Benefits of Credit U:
- The receiver’s expiration date will be extended
- If the receiver has an outstanding Quick credit balance, it will attempt to clear the amount and the remaining amount will go to their main account.
- You can send Credit to the following markets with Digicel numbers: Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Suriname & Trinidad and Tobago
- All prepaid account are able to send credit to one another
- Some Postpaid accounts are allowed to send credit to prepaid numbers
- Non-qualifying postpaid customers will receive the following message:
Step 1. Dial *128* then the phone number of the person you are sending the credit to (including the area code), then * the amount, then # and press the call button or send button.
Mobile number to send credit to: 18681234567
Credit U amount: $20
Dial format: *128*18681234567*20#
Step 2. A message will be sent requesting you to confirm that the number and amount entered is correct, or to cancel the request if the information is incorrect. The text will also include the cost of the service.
In this case, $20.90 will be deducted from your account
$0.90 being the service charge
Step 3. To confirm the transfer of credit to the number, dial *128*1# send. Please ensure the phone number is correct.
Kindly note: Credit U transactions are non-refundable/transferable if sent to the incorrect number.
Step 4. You will receive a pop up message that your request was received.
Step 5: Allow some time for the request to be processed. Once it is, you will receive a text message to verify that your friend or family member has received the credit and that the charge for the service has been removed from your account.
Step 6: The person you sent the Credit U to will receive a text message that you sent them credit
Please note: Screenshots are included as a guide - Currency/Figures may differ depending on where you are located.